Some simple ideas to help to recover your GoPro Camera in case of loss… and if an honest person finds it!
1. Add a sticker with Name, Phone and Email on the inner side of the battery door.
2. Idem but on the inner side of the backdoor.
3. Write the same details in a “If_Found.txt” file, and put it on the SD Card. The “difficult” part is to not delete the file when deleting other things on the card.
4. Write your details on the SD card sticker.
5. Find the GoPro Camera Serial number (either on the GoPro Camera or in the EXIF data of pictures) and register it somewhere. (i.e.: on this website in a near future…)
Even if we are not 100% certain that the GoPro Manufacturer is using a unique serial # per camera!!!
6. Add a picture of you on the SD Card. Even better: Hold a cardboard in front of you with your details on it.
7. Use the GoPro floating accessories (and add a leash) if you are using it on/in/under the water. If you are using the GoPro Battery BackPack or the GoPro LCD BackPack, it might be possible to use two of them, glued together. (I haven’t tried yet!) The only issue is that the use of the camera in combination with a suction cup leads to a too heavy combined weight to float using the floaty backdoor.
8. Post to this website the location, conditions, other info and contact details for any lost GoPro Camera.